Monday, October 8, 2012

Don't be blind guys have faith in yourself!

After a long period of time, a bollywood movie has really made me proud. Umesh Shukla and Akshay Kumar good job :)

But more than appreciating them, I researched a bit on it to find out who was behind the original thought process of this story n presentation. Then I came to know that Oh My God is an adaptation of a play called Kanji Viruddh Kanji which itself is inspired by the Australian film, The Man Who Sued God.

So the pat on the back goes to the true originators but still I am very thankful to Akshay Kumar coz of him, I actually witnessed a movie that I so connect with. Every word, dialogue, drama each and every minute is what I truly believe in. Oh My God makes a compelling argument against the commercialization of religion, which is the main issue in Indian society. Yes it indeed is, we Indians are so degraded by this nonsense that our thought process has actually become meaningless. I am here not pointing fingers at anyone I don't know, but people whom I know and interact on a daily basis. Almost everyone goes to the rescue of religion in their own weird ways instead of facing the truth. It is really disappointing yet such a vast n never ending belief that sometimes pulls you away towards it on the mere number factor. My ancestors did so I am and will therefore force it on the coming generation too. It is just never-ending and amidst all this blind religious drama, movies like this gives such a relief to people like me. Yes I believe in God undoubtedly but not in religion!!!!!!N there is a huge difference here. 

OMG makes a solid case against blind faith, the excesses of religious rituals, and the self-appointed "collection agents" of God, and that's exactly what we Indians need to come out of...Faith is understood and accepted but not at the cost of truth.

What else can I say...go watch it and its highly recommended!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment